Last Updated: February 6, 2009
All advertisements submitted to or provided through the Infinite Sports USA Sponsorship program must comply with the Editorial Guidelines listed below as modified from time to time (the "Editorial Guidelines"). These Editorial Guidelines are intended to help you create and post clear and effective advertisements that also meet the high standards of quality and integrity expected by users of infinitesportsusa.com. These Editorial Guidelines are not exhaustive and are only examples of the applicable requirements and conditions of the Infinite Sports USA Sponsorship program.
Infinitesportsusa.com reserves the right to review all ads prior to acceptance and may request modifications to, reject or delete any advertisement, at any time, at its sole discretion.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS
Accuracy of Information:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, including FTC guidelines and policies;
- if containing free offers and discounts, disclose within the ad all material terms and conditions relating to the free offer or special discount;
- if referring to local services or products, clearly disclose the advertiser's location;
- not contain or imply inaccurate affiliation or endorsement by Infinite Sports USA, for example, "Infinite Sports USA special offer"; and
- follow proper grammar conventions.
Ads must not:
- be deceptive, misleading, or unfair or promote false or misleading claims or include any information that you know is false or misleading;
- contain deceptive pricing;
- use or constitute "bait and switch" advertising;
- make any claim about a product or service (such as diet suppressant, wrinkle remover, or "guaranteed" results) unless it has been substantiated through research or surveys, and that support is publicly available via a third party link from the ad; or
- use superlatives relating to products or services that may be misleading, confusing or unsubstantiated, such as "most popular brand on Infinite Sports USA" (you may use general terms that a consumer understands is not a scientifically proven fact, but is advertising "puffery" such as "best in the world".
Software Downloads and Site Security:
Ads must not:
- include software downloads, automatic downloads or initiate any download, process or sequence, whether of content or browser add on;
- contain hidden, misleading or harmful functionality; or
- contain any hidden bundled components or otherwise bundle (other than on a clear opt out basis) any feature or functionality with a user approved download, including without limitation software commonly considered or classified as AdWare/Spyware;
- contain or create ActiveX objects or embeds; or
User Experience / Ad Functionality:
- be uploaded in either a jpg, gif or png file; and
- be properly formatted in accordance with the Infinite Sports USA ad dimensions.
Ads must not:
- include animation, video, flash, rich media or audio content;
- employ flashing, shaking, rolling, pulsing graphics, etc. (including animated logos);
- block or impede browser functionality from working as intended (e.g., "Back" and "Close" functionality must be fully operational);
- feature false or misleading system messaging, warning messages, dialog boxes or error messages;
- contain false or misleading application, system update, or diagnostic messaging;
- contain false or misleading "Close", "Minimize", "Maximize", or other Windows functionality;
- contain survey or any other form of pop-ups, pop-unders, dialogue boxes (e.g., alerts);
- interfere or otherwise interact with any of the content on a athlete's profile page;
- contain any type of user tracking or functionality to provide information to users regarding "who viewed your page" or related information about other users;
- contain an invalid Landing Page URL; or
- contain or create SCRIPT tags pointing to external sources (including Google Analytics), CSS, or IFramed content.
Ads must not:
- violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark, contract rights or any other rights of any person [Note that even if you lawfully possess a copy of the content which you are uploading (e.g., because you purchased a copy of a photo), this alone does not give you the right to lawfully upload this copy to Infinite Sports USA.];
- use another person's or entity's trademark, service mark, slogan, logo, brand name, company name or other identifier unless such party grants prior permission or otherwise permitted by law;
- include CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENTS of any kind;
- include a photograph or image of another person without that person's consent and a signed model release; or
- contain any type of multi-media unless properly licensed for this specific use.
Advertiser Landing Page:
Ads must not contain a link to any web page that would violate these Editorial Guidelines.
In addition to the rules and restrictions above, the following is a partial list of guidelines regarding the categories of content, products and services that are illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Infinite Sports USA Sponsorship program.
Prohibited Adult and Sexual Content:
Ads must not contain or link to nudity, sexually explicit or illegal images or any reference to or link to an adult website;
Rules Related to Other Sensitive Content
Ads must not contain, reference, promote or link to:
- alcohol content targeted to users under ages 21;
- dating content targeted to users under age 18;
- any advertisements for products or services targeted at users under the age at which such services or products can legally be used;
- references to or promotion of online gambling;
- references to or promotion of prostitution;
- references to or promotion of tobacco or tobacco related products;
- promotion of illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous, or offers or anything of questionable legality;
- hate speech or any content which is patently offensive or otherwise promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, discrimination, violence or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or displays defamatory, profane, hateful, or libelous material;
- promotion or glorification of human suffering or death, including without limitation rape, torture, cannibalism or violent images or exploitation in a sexual or violent manner;
- offensive or inappropriate language;
- solicitation of personal information from anyone under 18;
- harassment or content advocating harassment of another person or group;
- references that misrepresent, ridicule or attack an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability;
- references to or promotion of firearms or parts for firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, butterfly knives, fireworks or pyrotechnic devices;
- references to or promotion of recreational drugs, including without limitation aids to passing drug tests;
- references to or ads for U.S. immigration (also known as "green card" applications);
- references to or ads for fake documents, including without limitation identifications, immigration papers and diplomas or credentials;
- references to or promotion of bulk marketing products used for the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, pyramid schemes, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming;
- references to or promotion of counterfeit or imitation designer goods;
- solicitation of passwords or personal identifying information for unlawful purposes from Infinite Sports USA users;
- contests or sweepstakes without prior written consent from Infinite Sports USA;
- hidden pages or images;
- promotion of an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing "pirated" music or links to "pirated" music files;
- references to or promotion of products that promote false or misleading dietary claims;
- references to or promotion of "miracle cures;"
- references to or promotion of drugs, prescription or otherwise;
- solicitation of funds except by U.S. government-registered charitable organizations;
- references to or promotion of traffic devices, including without limitation radar jamming devices, license plate covers and signal changing devices;
- violence from one person towards another person or group, including "hate lists;"
- information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; or
- furtherance or promotion of any criminal activity or enterprise or the provision of instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.